Intel® Cache Acceleration Software
Improve server application performance
Intel® Datacenter Software | Intel® Cache Acceleration Software Overview
Enterprise data is increasing at a staggering rate, and applications need to access that data faster than ever before. Hard drive speeds cannot keep up with the significant performance gains provided by Intel® Xeon® processor-based servers. Critical business applications are "data starved" as they wait for legacy mechanical hard drives to catch up.
Get the SSD Bundle
Get the newest Intel® SSD for data centers bundled with Intel® Cache Acceleration Software (Intel® CAS).
Intel® Cache Acceleration Software offers an innovative solution to this challenge by using an Intel® SSD for data centers as a cache for data that is frequently accessed. By storing a copy of this "hot" data in the SSD, server applications run faster. Get up to 3 times more performance on transactional database processing and up to 20 times faster processing of read-intensive business analytics.1
- No need to modify applications: Intel Cache Acceleration Software is transparent to users and applications.
- Preserve the investment in hard drives: Intel Cache Acceleration Software delivers performance levels almost as high as if all the hard drives were replaced with SSDs.
- Lock specific data in the cache: Provides key application the extra performance at critical times or to meet the requirements of a specific SLA.
- Installs into the Windows* or Linux* server OS: Both as a physical server and running virtually under VMware*, KVM, Citrix XenServer*, or Windows Hyper-V.
Intel Caching Explained
Intel CAS allows enterprise applications to maximize performance and eliminate I/O bottlenecks with very low effort and upfront costs.
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel® microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark* and MobileMark*, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. Based on the following configuration: Intel® Server Board 2600CO (Copper Pass); Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2680 (2.7GHz), 32GB DDR2/1333 memory; Microsoft Windows* 2008R2 SP1, Intel® CAS 2.0 release candidate 1; I/O meter 10.22.2009 ; 4K random read test; 32-queue depth; 800GB Intel® SSD 910 series, Intel® RAID RS25AB080 with MR54p1 firmware; 8 x 10K SAS HDD in a RAID0 array with MR54p1 firmware; and 8 x 10K SAS HDD in a RAID0 array. For more information go to http://www.intel.com/performance.